Retailer Level 2
What does the Standard consist of?
- Retailer Standard Level 2
- City & Guilds Level 2 Certificate in Retail Knowledge
The Standard covers the following the areas:
|Communications||Sales and Promotion||Technical|
|Product and Services||Brand Reputation||Diversity|
|Performance & Team||Environment||Legal and Governance|
- Monthly training Sessions covering knowledge outcomes/online tests
- Weekly training Sessions for Functional Skills (If Applicable)
- E-Learning interactive resources, Online Portfolio, workbooks and Quiz’s
Functional Skills (including English Level 2 and Maths Level 2)
- Completion of Employer rights and responsibilities booklet
ABOUT THIS STANDARD
The Level 2 Retailer Standard is designed for employees who assist customers when they purchase products or services. These roles can be in a variety of establishments including large high street stores, supermarkets and small shops, or specialist retailers such as funeral directors and garden centres. It can also include working in remote environments, e.g. telephone, online and mail order retailers
This apprenticeship provides an ideal stepping stone into specialist, team leading, supervisory or first line management roles within retail and higher level training and apprenticeship
Typical job roles for this standard would be:-
- Sales Advisors
- Online sales retailers
- Telephone sales advisors
Delivery of the Training:-
- Training and development takes place during on and off the job training which will include a City & Guilds Level 2 Certificate in Retail Knowledge
- The entry requirement for this Apprenticeship will be decided by each employer, but may typically be five GCSEs at Grade C or higher, a relevant Level 2 Apprenticeship; other relevant qualifications and experience.
Duration of the Apprenticeship:-
- The duration of this Apprenticeship will typically take up to 12 months to complete, although the exact duration will be dependent on the previous experience of the individual.
Funding/Cost of Apprenticeship:-
- £5,000 including cost of end point assessment
End Point Assessment Requirements:-
- Online Knowledge Test– a 30 Min on demand multiple choice test which is scenario based requiring the apprentice to demonstrate their reasoning and joined up thinking to problems and to find solutions.
- Practical Observation– a 2 hr observation of the apprentice in the workplace, which must include observation of Customer, Business, Communication and Brand Reputation and any other areas to show their overall competence
- Professional Discussion – The independent assessor will lead the professional discussion with the apprentice, and the employer who is there for support and will include the areas that have not been seen in the observation and to give the apprentice the opportunity to discuss their personal development and reflection on the apprenticeship