Remote Learning Policy
Prostart will continue to strive to support our leaners/apprentices in the best way possible to make learning purposeful and holistic. Our strategy for remote learning continues this.
This Remote Learning Policy aims to:
- Ensure consistency in the approach to remote learning for all learners who are accessing training sessions and teaching online by using appropriate online and offline resources.
- Provide clear expectations to learners with regards to delivery of interactive remote learning
- Include continuous delivery of programmes, as well as being aware of Health and Well-Being and individual support needs.
- Support effective communication between Prostart and employers to support attendance
This policy applies to
Any learner/apprentice who is accessing remote learning but in particular those aged 16 to 18yrs (19 for SEND measures).
Please note: Remote learning will be shared with learners/apprentices when they are absent from work due to Covid 19 related reasons e.g. working from home, on furlough.
Learning from home will include access to the following:
- Live lessons on MS Teams according to timetabled training sessions
- Recorded lessons/narrated PowerPoints as directed by L&D Coach/Tutor
- Lesson materials shared on Teams – activity log and action planning
Resources to deliver remote learning include:
- Online sessions through Teams.
- Use of Recorded video
- Phone calls and emails
- Printed learning materials/past papers and tests
- Use of HABC/BKSB learning tools, BBC bitesize and similar learning platforms
Learners/apprentices are responsible for
- Attend the timetabled training sessions and be ready to start at the required time
- Take part without distractions, as directed turn on camera / raise hand and should leave themselves “muted” until the tutor asks them to speak., check background, and wear suitable clothing
- Complete work to the deadline set by tutor
- Seek help/clarification or requirements, if they need it, from tutor
At no time are learners allowed to take photos/screen shots or record anyone or any sessions during remote training
Employers are responsible for
- Making any absence of sickness on a training day known to Prostart staff contact/L&D Coach
- Giving their employee/apprentice the time and equipment required for remote learning to take place
- Notifying Prostart if there are any business priorities that may affect an employee’s attendance and enabling a catch-up period.
- eLearning, Safeguarding and Prevent, Communication Policies
- Data Protection Policy and privacy notices
- Acceptable Use of ICT, Access IT, E Safety Policies
- Addressing Learner Needs Policy
- Equality and Diversity Policy
Version 1 Nov 20
Working safely with display screen equipment
There are some simple steps people can take to reduce the risks from display screen work:
- breaking up long spells of DSE work with rest breaks (at least 5 minutes every hour) or changes in activity
- avoiding awkward, static postures by regularly changing position
- getting up and moving or doing stretching exercises
- avoiding eye fatigue by changing focus or blinking from time to time
Further information on working safely with display screen equipment can be found here
If you require any further information please contact the Health & Safety Officer at Prostart or speak to the Health & Safety representative at your place of work.