Prostart Training is a Grade 2 Ofsted Training Provider delivering Apprenticeships, training and workforce consultancy across the East Midlands.
Prostart is a well-established family friendly business, we are learner focused, quality driven and safety orientated professionals. Our service and inclusive workplace are driven by our ‘PROSTART’ values: – Pride in our work ethics, Responsible for our actions, Openness and Supportive of others, Treat everyone fairly and Acknowledge everyone’s point of view, Recognising how differences add value to Team work.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Training Officer/Teacher for our apprenticeship in ICT Infrastructure level 3 Standard. We are particularly looking for individuals who have a background/experience in ICT.
Hours for this role can be negotiated and will include travel within the East Midlands. A driving licence and access to a car is therefore essential. Enhanced DBS clearance is also required.
You will be training groups of apprentices at various sites across the East Midlands and supporting and mentoring learners one-to-one to guide them through their qualification.
You will be working in partnership with local employers to support their employees through the full apprenticeship programme. Utilising your training and coaching skills, you will guide and support learners’ performance and knowledge throughout their training in management, through one-to-one and group sessions either face to face or through our interactive learning modules.
You will need excellent communication skills and the ability to build relationships with both apprentices and employers.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- To teach, train and coach learners in both groups and one-to-one
- To effectively manage a caseload of learners to achieve their targeted qualifications within prescribed timescales.
- To follow processes and procedures including the completion of the relevant paperwork in line with Prostart, Funding and Awarding Organisations.
- To provide appropriate Advice and Guidance to learners to ensure progression onto suitable higher level qualifications.
- To market apprenticeships and recruit new learners in companies
- Work with line manager to manage own performance to support the achievement of the company’s Key Performance Indicators.
- Ensure that Prostart quality procedures are adhered to
- Undertake and record relevant continuous professional discussion (CPD), including standardisation activities and sector updates to maintain competence and enable effective delivery.
- Take part in self-assessment activities and implement continuous improvement activities
- To implement and comply with the Prostart’s Equality & Diversity, Safeguarding & PREVENT and Health & Safety Policies and ensure that the safety and welfare of learners on programme are monitored.
- To assist with other duties within the scope and nature of this position.
- Excellent Planning and Organisation skills
- Excellent time and task management skills.
- Good IT skills.
- Good customer service and problem solving skills.
- Ability to manage difficult situations / learners where required.
- Ability to manage classrooms to create a positive learning environment.
- Work under pressure to meet targets and prioritise conflicting demands
- The ability to work on own initiative.
- Ability to mentor staff.
- Excellent attention to detail.
Training and Qualifications Required:
Assessor Qualification – D32/ A1/ CAVA and/ or Teaching Qualification
Level 2 Functional Skills English
Level 2 Functions Skills Maths
Microsoft Technology Associate
Sector qualification and / or occupational competence at level 3 or above (or equivalent level experience)
Assessor training will be provided to someone with the relevant teaching qualification and sector/ occupational competence
Working Week and Salary:
To be negotiated
25 days holiday incremental to 30 following 3 years of service
Contributory pension scheme
Westfield Health Plan
Equal Opportunities Statement
Prostart Training welcomes applications from all sectors of the community. We actively encourage applicants from minority and under-represented groups and aim to provide support and resources where necessary.
Prostart is signed up to the Positive about Disabled People Commitments; please let us know what format you would like the Application Form in and any special arrangements that you require.
All successful candidates will be subject to a DBS Check.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and therefore all convictions cautions and bind-overs, including those regarded as ‘spent’, must be declared.
In order to apply for this position please contact Maria Pannullo, Quality Manager at email@example.com