Here you will find all the information to help your child achieve the best of their ability. With a Prostart Apprenticeship, they will gain the skills to confidently enter the work force and be awarded accreditation’s usable in many areas of work and life.
What is an Apprenticeship?
An Apprenticeship is essentially a set of qualifications – called a ‘framework’.
There are different levels of Apprenticeships available, but they all lead to competence, knowledge and transferable skills.
- The competence element – An NVQ will enable them to demonstrate their workplace abilities and prove that they can do specific job-related tasks.
- The knowledge element – Our technical certificate will give them extra knowledge and understanding about the job they are training for.
- Transferable skills – Functional skills are qualifications in English, Maths and ICT which cover more general work-related skills such as communication, team work, problem solving and using new technologies.
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities – In this part of the Apprenticeship, they will learn about their rights and responsibilities in the workplace. This will cover things such as health and safety in the workplace, what cover they have as an employee and what the employer is responsible for.
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills – As part of the Apprenticeship, learners will develop a series of underpinning skills that employers are looking for. Skills such as creative thinking, evaluation and team working are key to future employability, making apprentices more effective employees.
All components of our Apprenticeship hone the skills that employers are looking for and will put them ahead of the competition in the job market. Their efforts will be rewarded throughout the process. They will receive a separate certificate for each qualification they achieve, as well as receiving a certificate once they have completed and achieved all aspects of the Apprenticeship programme. We will develop skills and provide the knowledge, while the employer provides the practical experience to put those skills to the test. Training may be classroom based, or in the workplace, depending on the subject.
<strong>Listen to some of our learner's opinions on apprenticeships<strong>
Does your son or daughter not know what they want in life?
Are they finishing school and want to earn as they learn?
Does the idea of sixth form or university not interest them?
If you have answered yes to any of these, click below to get in contact with us. We will help get them achieve.