Award in Touch Typing Skills
The Level 2 Award in Touch Typing Skills is to prepare you for employment in a broad occupational area. This Award is designed to support you to learn to touch type, so that you can increase your speed and accuracy when using an alphanumeric keyboard. This skill will support your employment across a broad spectrum of employment
opportunities. By learning to touch type, you will be able to increase your efficiency when using an alphanumeric keyboard both in work and at home. This can serve to increase your overall productivity in work and give you a life-long skill to support employment aspirations.
What does this qualification cover?
The size of the qualification is defined by credits. To achieve the qualification you will be required to achieve 5 credits and to commit to approximately 50 hours of learning.
You will be required to complete a 5 credit mandatory unit in ‘Touch Typing Skills’. This unit requires you to achieve the following assessment criteria:-
- Type a minimum of 40 words per minute
- Demonstrate a minimum typing accuracy of 98%
- Demonstrate typing continuous text including capitalisation, punctuation, spacing, numbers and symbols
Who is it for?
- Anyone new to using an alphanumeric keyboard
- Anyone who is used to using an alphanumeric keyboard as a ‘two fingered’ typist
- Anyone who has some experience of touch typing but looking to increase their speed and efficiency
This course is delivered via E-learning, you will have access to Typequick Professional course, which contains up to 40 hours of learning content as well as a Skill Evaluator assessments.