- The post-holder will become fully conversant and competent in providing administrative/warehouse support within a relevant administrative area Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust.
- Training will involve working alongside the administrative/warehouse staff within the different areas of the department, working under supervision.
1. To provide general office and administration support services – 2 days per week – Warehouse work – 3 days per week. This role is repetitive and would suit someone who enjoys daily routine.
2. To undertake general office duties, for example – input of information onto spreadsheets (2 days). To undertake retrieval and distribution of medical records for various clients using our in house O’Neil scanning system (3 days).
3. To communicate with staff and visitors on a daily basis, providing support where required and working to help resolve any issues.
4. To work in a warehouse environment and have an understanding of Health & Safety.
5. Physical aspect to this role as there is a requirement to lift and handle boxes daily.
6. Under supervision develop and maintain administrative support systems, including bring forward files and manual and electronic filing systems, ensuring that systems are effective in their use and are reviewed regularly
7. To assist with the ordering of supplies as appropriate.
8. Assist in the tasks and duties of other staff within the team during periods of staff leave/absence to ensure that an effective quality service is maintained at all times and contributing to the work of the team
9. To record and securely store information relating to confidential matters and enquiries.
10. To undertake bi-monthly 1-1 meetings with mentor on site.
11. The post-holder will be required to undertake essential training as and when required
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POST HOLDER
To contribute to the administrative work within the team.
To gain an understanding of how the team functions by providing support as required whilst gaining knowledge and experience and by undertaking training in the following:
– NVQ level 2 Business Administration
– Functional Skills (including Maths,English and IT Level 1)
– Completion of Employer rights and responsibilities booklet
i. It is the responsibility of each member of staff to maintain confidentiality at all times
ii. Staff must be aware of and adhere to the provisions of the Health and Safety at Work Act and ensure their own safety and the safety of colleagues and patients. Staff must be aware of the action to be taken in the event of fire and must attend fire lectures at lease once a year
iii. Staff should be aware of their own individual responsibilities under the Trust Equal Opportunities Policy and ensure that they adhere to the provisions of the policy
Any other duties which may be required from time to time, as discussed and agreed with the Line Manager & Departmental Manager.
This job description is not designed to be an exhaustive list of duties and responsibilities, but represents the current key areas of work. The content of this post will be reviewed in consultation with the post holder when necessary and in line with service developments.
|Job Category||Business Administration, Warehousing|
|Working Week||Monday - Friday 9.00am - 5.00pm|
|Total Hours Per Week||37.5|
|Expected Apprenticeship Duration||12 Months|
|Possible Start Date||September 2018|